Work with Southeast Dairy Business Innovation Initiative (SDBII)
- Extension Assistant, Value-Added Agriculture Marketing, Center for Profitable Agriculture
- Extension Assistant, Value-Added Agriculture, Center for Profitable Agriculture
Find a job with a value-added dairy producer
There are many grant opportunities specific to value-added producers and producers looking to begin a value-added enterprise. Others help farmers in general.
- Value-Added Producer Grant (find a series of informational videos here)
- Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) (find an informational video here)
- Food Supply Chain Guaranteed Loan Program
- Sheep Production and Marketing Grant Program
- Agricultural Enterprise Fund
- Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP): Producer Diversification
Creating a High Quality Grant Proposal
Assessing Value-Added Dairy Business Expansion Workshop Series
Session 1: Hal Pepper, Extension Specialist, Center for Profitable Agriculture
Topics: Questions to consider when expanding a value-added dairy business and how to apply for the USDA’s Value-Added Producer Grant.
Session 2: Matthew Wade, Director of Farm Laboratories, Middle Tennessee State University
Topics: Case study for growing a value-added dairy enterprise at MTSU.
Session 3: Sarah Cornelisse, Senior Extension Associate, Penn State
Topics: Tools for analyzing feasibility and profitability for value-added dairy businesses.